qq_tracker_code_advanced_default



"Hilarious." – Daniel Hannan

Archive for the ‘LA times’ tag

LA TIMES: Countdown begins for end of Keith Olbermann’s “Countdown”?

without comments

Remember Keith Olbermann?

He was the one-time must-see anti-Bush ranter who helped rescue MSNBC (yes, it’s still on at night) from even worse oblivion years ago.

Well, quietly last month while no one was looking, hardly anyone was watching Keith Olbermann anymore.

We did a deeper dive into Keith’s viewership:

H/T Matthew G.

UPDATE: I screwed up. Not even Keith Olbermann watches Countdown with Keith Olbermann.

Michael Moore and the Liberal Press: A Love Story

without comments

13_michaelmoore_lgl
surprising that a face like that would have smugness in its repertoire of expressions

A film review from Kenneth Turan writing for the LA Times:

Say what you like about Michael Moore, he certainly knows how to pick his subjects. “Fahrenheit 9/11″ was so au courant about the invasion of Iraq it won the 2004 Palme d’Or at Cannes, and 2007’s “Sicko” got the jump on the current healthcare imbroglio. Now, barely a year after the Wall Street meltdown, “Capitalism: A Love Story” examines, in typical love-it-or-leave-it Moore fashion, the causes of the collapse of the century.

In a nonscientific poll* conducted by Missourah.com, it was discovered that 95% of the LA Times’ remaining 200 readers get a tingly sensation running up their legs when they read words like “au courant” and “imbroglio”, and hear any reference to the Palme d’Or award.  The remaining 5% clearly did not go to Columbia.  Maybe Brown, or…a state school.  If those people can even read…

*Note:  no one at Missourah.com actually wasted their time polling LA Times readers

Written by MikeM

September 30th, 2009 at 11:06 pm